The Hôtel de Hayme de Bomal was built between 1775 and 1778 for Jean-Baptiste de Hayme de Bomal, Mayor of Liège. This building is one of the finest examples of neoclassical art in Belgium. When the Revolution grips Liège the house is invaded by the revolutionnaries and became the house of people’s representative in 1795. In 1800, Liège was become french and the first prefect Antoine Desmousseaux, native-born french, settled in. The administrative offices was located in the Maison Curtius a few blocks further.